Saturday 24 October 2015

Revisiting a Classic - Mont Tortoise Marine Blue





Marine Bleu - Oldie but goldie

Marine Blue conjures up images of the dark, dark sea. It draws us deep into its mystery, and has an mysterious allure that cannot be explained.

The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea. ~Isak Dinesen

Whenever I feel down, I cycle out towards the pier, taking in the sea breeze. Indeed, I find that few things match the beauty of the ocean. Yet this ink is so attractive that I find it worthy of being coupled with the ocean.

This is however, not an ink you'll find in stores. I had a friend who gave me this concoction. If people who are adept with nib work are called nib wizards, this friend of mine must be called the ink magician. He has such a good sense towards ink mixing and colours that were he to start making ink like Konrad of KWZI ink fame, I would be his first customer.

Why the name Marine Blue? He was trying to replicate the beauty of the Souverän M605 Marine Blue. I think he nailed it.

Without further ado, the short review.


Yes, it does have a long dry time. But hey, it makes up with its water resistance. This resembles Diamine Midnight Blue, or even Omas Blue... albeit with water resistance. In fact, I like it so much I might just put off using Edelstein Tanzanite on my next refill...

(Maybe I should get him to mix me a colour of my own hmmm...)

No comments:

Post a Comment