Tuesday 26 May 2015

Review of Leather Pen Case

I have always been a leather lover. A good leather piece, if kept properly, can last many years, much like my favourite fountain pens.

Anyhow, this is a leather piece that's related to my fountain pens (yay!). I got myself a 4-pen leather pen case (I just can't decide which pens to give up! I love them all!) in Black.

First Impression: 5/5
The pen case came in a brown paper bag. Upon removing the outer packaging, I was surprised to see that the pen case was actually bigger than I thought it would be!



Dimensions: 5/5
As I said, it was surprisingly bigger than I thought it would be. It measures 18cm by 7.5cm, which is big enough to hold a Ratnam Supreme, or a Montblanc 146. Great for my purposes!



As a comparison to another pen case (which holds my Pelikans - M400 and M200)



Cost and Value: 5/5
This cost me USD 22 inclusive of worldwide shipping. Great value for the money - it's soft supple leather and there are dividers in it to prevent tarnishing.


Conclusion: 5/5
This is a pen case to consider if you're interested in a leather pen case. Of course, it's not the best leather out there, nor the case to offer most protection (for that purpose, check out Franklin-Christoph's pen cases) If you're interested, I bought this off Fountain Pen Network (FPN).


From left: Parker 45, Lamy 2000, TWSBI Diamond 580. It will fit a Lamy Al-Star (not pictured) too!



No prizes for guessing my favourite FP brand - I have a fertile breeding ground for these birds!



Disclaimer: This pen case was bought with my own money and I was not compensated in any way. Views expressed are mine and mine alone, I may be wrong and you are free to disagree with me.


I hope this was useful. Thanks for taking the time to read through it!

No comments:

Post a Comment